Table of Contents
You can’t miss the buzz about generative AI, especially in marketing. It’s become clear: AI-assisted marketers save time, improve content quality, and optimize their work when they put tools like ChatGPT to work. Basically, they get work done faster and realize better results.
But who says so? Is the hype around increased productivity actually puffery?
In this post, we’ll look to the experts to get answers and present some relevant research findings. But first, let’s invite a bot to the party.
How does AI enhance productivity for marketing teams?
GPT-4 loved the question and offered many answers…
- Faster content creation—AI writing tools help generate ideas and content to produce more content in less time.
- Improved content quality—AI analyzes grammar, style, tone, and consistency to provide recommendations for improving readability, engagement, and more.
- Reduce writer’s block—It helps marketers overcome writer’s block by offering creative suggestions, headlines, and topic ideas.
- Content optimization—The tools can analyze keywords, search trends, and user behavior to optimize content for search engines and content consumers.
- Personalization at scale—AI-assisted writing tools can help create personalized content to target specific demographics, personas, or even, individuals.
- Multilingual content creation—AI writing tools do a decent job of translating content into other languages.
- Social media management—AI can help create and schedule social media posts, monitor engagement, and analyze performance.
- Analyzing competitor content—You can use AI to analyze competitors’ content and identify strengths and weaknesses to develop better strategies.
- Automated reports—AI can help marketing teams generate reports and data visualizations to track performance and make data-driven decisions.
Artificial intelligence, real fanfare from industry experts
“The development of AI is as fundamental as the creation of the microprocessor, the personal computer, the Internet, and the mobile phone. It will change the way people work, learn, travel, get healthcare, and communicate with each other. Entire industries will reorient around it. Businesses will distinguish themselves by how well they use it.”
~ Bill Gates (Source)
Performance marketing agency Reprise Digital pitted its OpenAI-powered copywriting software, Transcribe—paired with human editors—against teams of copywriters to write digital content for financial clients. The tests clocked an 87% reduction in production time for the AI-enable copywriting teams. (Source)
~ Bobby Jania, Senior VP of marketing, Salesforce 360 Blog
“As a marketer that is always looking to maximize ROI and experiment with the latest technology, I, like many of us, have tested and used generative AI. Some of its immediate benefits include saving time, personalizing content and helping to create content.”
~ Leela Gill, CMO at Alta Mira Marketing (Source)
~ Thomas H. Davenport and Nitin Mittal, Harvard Business Review
“Marketing as a discipline is particularly well-suited to the kinds of problems AI and machine learning are best at. At the end of the day, branding is fundamentally about generating patterns that lodge themselves in peoples’ heads and these new tools are perfect companions in that exercise.”
~ Noah Brier, BrXnd (Source)
Some early results are in
Truth be told, it’s a bit early in the game for generative AI to have established a robust track record. While some of the tools have been around for a few years, the ones making headlines such as Open AI’s ChatGPT, Google’s Bard, and Microsoft’s Bing Chat are quite new—and evolving fast.
To help validate the premise posed in this post’s title, I’ve dug around so as to present you with some eye-opening research findings.
- 61.4% of marketers have used AI in their marketing activities.
- 44.4% have used AI for content production.
- The AI tool most often used by marketers is Jasper.ai (32.8%).
- 54.5% take the optimistic view that AI will most likely greatly enhance their marketing efforts.
- 42.2% believe that if AI took over in terms of marketing operations, high-level strategy and decision-making tasks would be left for human marketers.
Are you ready to realize the benefits of generative AI?
Your road to leveraging AI to boost your team’s productivity starts here. ToTheWeb offers customized ChatGPT training to address your specific challenges. We’ll work together to establish a strategy, employ the most effective tools, and feed those tools the prompts required to make the most of generative AI.
AI Consulting and Training
Master today’s most effective productivity tools.
ToTheWeb ensures your route to capitalizing on the immense power of AI is fast and efficient. Our AI consulting and training programs will quickly enable your marketing team to adopt solutions to optimize operations and boost performance.