Bookmark this awesome Google SERP Snippet Optimization Tool. We measure in Pixels.
Use this free Google SERP snippet optimization tool as a guide when creating your Title and Meta descriptions.
Get Creative – the page title that appears in search engines is like an advertisement for the page.
Title + Snippet Displayed In Google Using New Pixel Width
Important Notes on Using this Title & Description Checker
- The page title that appears in search engines is like an advertisement for the page. Get creative and write the title tag to generate more clicks to your website. Google now calculates page Titles and Meta descriptions in pixels rather than by character count, making a big impact on the visible text in a Search Engine Results Page (SERPs).
- This synonym tool can help identify shorter words that might fit better in your Title and Description tags.
- It is still widely believed that Google will index more words from the Title and Meta description even if it does not display them in the SERPs.
- It is more important than ever to include the most relevant keyword phrase at the beginning of your Title altibrutes tag.
- Google ultimately controls the search results and will dynamically change the Title or Meta description based on the searcher’s query
- Visible length in the SERPs also depends on the search query. We know that Google will bold the words in the Title and Meta description when they match the words in the searcher’s query. Bolded words take up more space and Google will truncate based on the longer pixel count.
How Can You Easily Identify Long Title and Meta Descriptions?
- To generate a full list of your site’s Title and Meta description use ScreamingFrog’s spider. It’s a fabulous tool that provides pixel count data on a page-by-page basis.
- You can also use Google’s “site:” operator to see your Titles without any influence from the searcher’s query being bolded. In Google’s search box type: site:yourURL.com (insert your down domain name in place of “yourURL.com”)
- Great article on writing Meta Description Tags