An in-depth technical analysis of your website’s performance sets the stage for successfully planning an SEO strategy.
First things first:
Is your website setup for success?
A very practical, and commonly undervalued, starting point for a new engagement with ToTheWeb calls for conducting a website audit including an analysis of how existing assets perform as measured by conversion data.
We don’t guess when it comes to data – and you shouldn’t either. With the audit, we analyze your website performance and visitor behavior and establish benchmarks for analysis going forward.
The technical audit process includes:
- Competitive analysis of your competitors
- Site architecture and internal link structure review
- User experience, bounce rate and heat map analysis
- Google crawling and indexing issues that hinder high search rankings
- Content review including low-value and duplicate content
- Technical review of server errors, robots.txt, canonical tags and structured data
- User testing of important visitor actions and calls-to-action
- Page load time testing (a new Google ranking factor)
- Creation of a reporting framework to track ongoing site performance
- A high-level review of your current Google Analytics implementation
Your search audit will identify:
- Problems that hinder effective lead generation a baseline to measure improvements and specific recommendations for improvement
- Where the greatest ROI potential lies and quick wins to improve leads
- Site visitor trends and instructions on maximizing converting traffic
- Recommendation for key data points (KPIs) to track over time
- Any areas requiring improvement for effective site indexing by search engines
Get off to a smart start
Though you may have contacted ToTheWeb to implement a basic SEO program or manage your PPC campaigns, experience has proven clients realize a far greater return on investment when they elect to begin with a website technical SEO audit. We strongly recommend starting smart with an insightful—and actionable—website audit.