What Website Content Will Lead Prospects Into Your Sales Funnel?
Your prospects and customers will have little patience for a homepage that is cluttered, contains excessive movement, and doesn’t address the basic “who, what how” questions. (Use our sample guide below)
Sales is a Numbers Game
Run your conversion ratios through the sales funnel.
How many website visitors will it take to close to one sale?
Who are you trying to attract with your site? Describe a typical visitor.
- Websites have multiple audiences with different needs, and your website content needs to speak to all of them. Prospects come to your website at different stages in their buying cycle.
- Most important group
- Second most important user group
- Somewhat important user group
- Consider what action will potentially lead to sales. What is the primary action these users should take when coming to your site; make a purchase, become a member, search for information, demo your product, event signup?
What specific content do you feel each audience group would want to see on the website?
- Create content to meet the needs of at least three important groups. Plan content that addresses the problems each group is trying to solve and their objections.
- Consider what the most important message is that each page should convey
How can you encourage visitors to interact with your company?
- Understand and refine the sales process visitors would follow on the new site.
- Define key business metrics by setting “measurable” goals.
Reaching Prospects Throughout the Buying Cycle
Generating sales leads requires that your website content effectively communicates to your prospects the benefits of doing business with you. Adapt our sample guide to map your target audiences to prospect content needs and then to sales pipeline fulfillment.
Audience Identification for Anti-Spam Software CompanyMost important group (decision-makers closest to purchasing)Example: Chief Technology OfficersSecond most important user groupExample: Chief Financial OfficersSomewhat important user groupExample: System Admin
Website Content Requirements & ChallengesRequires technical specifications on software to reduce the amount of inbound spam to their company.Must approve the purchase. Wants to see "credibility" in the vendor and be clear about value and pricing.Wants a clear message about value.Wants to know that the software is easy to use and that this solution will reduce employee problems.
What action leads to sales?Downloading a technical white paper.Building credibility through a client list or logos of well-known companies.Downloading a 30-day evaluation software