Learn How To Optimized Videos for 31% More Views
The client’s YouTube channel had a rich collection of over 80 videos that were languishing with low views. In 3 1/2 months after optimizing the channel, total video views jumped 31% when compared to the previous 2 years of data. The biggest bonus was that YouTube became one of the top converting referrers to the website, where previously it generated almost no traffic.
Learn How to Achieve This Success on Your Video Channel
#1 – Re-write video titles to be more compelling to the audience and to include a relevant keyword phrase near the beginning of the title.
- There are many different formats available when viewing a YouTube page and often your title will appear truncated. Keep the titles to about 60 characters in length. Download our Video-Title-Counter to make this easier.
#2 – Write a brief description that will appear above the “show more” area (directly below the video) that includes the a URL.
- Keep this to about 120 characters so that the URL is visible in the default mode – meaning that the visitor does not need to click “show more” to see the link. Keep this text fairly generic about the company’s offerings to encourage visitors to click through to the site.
Here’s an example:
Learn how ToTheWeb’s search marketing programs drive pipeline leads: https://totheweb.com
#3 – Transcribe and search optimize the video into text
- YouTube allows up to 5,000 characters to be added the body area of the video.
Be sure and search optimized this content for an extra boost in search engines. Viewers don’t see this text unless they select the “show more” link that appears under the video – but search engines do! 5,000 characters is roughly 750 words. If you download your transcript as a .doc file you can use the Word Count function under Tools to get your character count.
Our Preferred Video Transcription Services
Use Speechpad.com for video transcriptions: it provides accurate transcriptions with good pricing. The price is based on the video length and the turnaround time.
- Use the full transcript on your blog: You may not be able to use the full transcript on YouTube but you can use it on your website.
Follow SEOMoz’s example of using the text as part of a blog post and give search engines even more text to index!The views that occur for embedded videos count.
#4 – Each video should have different tags from each other.
Add the maximum number of tags to each video:Use as many well-constructed tags as you can fit in the tag space.
Watch this video from RealSEO to learn more about adding tabs.
#5 – Adjust the video advanced settings
- There are a number of settings relating to when a viewer comment will appear. It’s safest to require approval before comments are posted.